Sunday, August 23, 2009

Couture Cake fit for a QUEEN!!!

I have been knowing this bride since she was very young and reconnected with her on Facebook so when she posted a picture of her cake from her wedding, I had to ask if I could blog about it. I have never been so excited to blog about anything in my life. When I saw pictures of this cake it took about a minute for me to close my mouth I was so in awe of how GORGEOUS it wasEveryone knows how much I love fleur de lis and seeing them around this cake seriously made my heart stop. This cake was designed by the bride, Katie who kept the design a secret the entire time. The cake was her favorite element throughout her entire planning experience. Her cake was so dramatic,  jaw-dropping and of course couture. Something straight out of a movie. This cake will be talked about for years. Of course this cake could not have happened without the amazing cake designer/baker Ms. Gwen Gilliand of New Iberia, Louisiana. I also heard it taste as amazing as it looked. Her wedding ceremony was held at Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church on the campus of University of Louisiana Lafayette which is very special to them since they started dating while in college ;) The reception was held at City Club at River Ranch. Thank you Katie for allowing me to share your cake to the world and congrats again!!!

photos courtesy of Erin Falgout Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment